Monday, August 1, 2011

6 Sure Signs You Suffer from the Addiction to Drama

6 Sure Signs You Suffer from the Addiction to Drama

1. You Love To Gossip. (Oh look, they blooged about us again. Have you heard what they're saying?)
2. You Are Always In The Middle of a Crisis. (If shit's going down, you can bet he's in town.)
3. You're Glued to the News, Magazines And Stories About X Y & Z. (STILL reading the blogs? Haha.)
4. You Have a Tendency Toward Over Reacting versus Rational Behavior (I HAVE NO FRIENDS ON THE INTERNET I NEED TO COMMIT SUICIDE.)
5. Everything is a Bigger Deal than it Actually is (No one is talking to me wah wah)
6. You're a Pot Stirrer (Don't worry about the drama, dear. You've done nothing wrong.)

I figured as long as certain people are still reading my blog, I might as well provide a diagnosis for them.

Did you know Drama is an actual, real addiction? Some people should check out rehab centers..-coughcough-

Anyway.

Something has been on my mind for awhile now. It's actually not just this one little bug that has been biting me, but I've actually seen this in the younger Simming Community more than once by more than one different person.

The whole "I have no friends, I'm going to kill myself."

Suicide isn't something to joke about. It's very serious, and it's not just something you say because you are butthurt. It is so offensive to me to see that being used as a manipulation tactic to both gain pity and attention.

People who make things up, such as suicide, self harm, divorce, a sudden change in sexuality, a death or chronic illness in the family, should seek some help. This is a terrible, sickening desperation. Yeah, I pity these people- but not because I feel bad for the lies they create, but because they are so desperate for any friends or just a tiny bit of attention from someone they feel the need to make up such things.


Of course, it is the internet, so no one can tell if you are for sure lying or not, but at the same time if this is a chronic thing or you know well enough that the person isn't being truthful, there's a problem there.


If anyone is genuinely suicidal, there are several hot lines you can call where trained professionals can help you, but crying over the internet will never solve the more serious problem behind it.

And as far as being friends with someone who is genuinely, honestly suicidal, there is only so much help you can give them if they refuse to help themselves by seeking out professional care.

On a less serious note, I am getting more into arts and crafts and less into Simming and Modeling and all that jazz. Plus, the drama is kind of ridiculous at this point. The popular kids can dig their noses out of each other's asses long enough to turn them up and think they've won, but when it gets to this point, the community drawn down the line with paranoia and alienation, then there's no winner and anyone who continues to support this is just honestly ridiculous.

So, for a short time at least, I am going to play my game to enjoy it and maybe peace out of the actual community of Simming.
I have actual, real friends (Ash and Cait) who sim, so I no longer feel the need to be a part of the actual community anymore. If I take a kickass picture or write an awesome story, I can just share it with them. I don't need the ass-pats and cat fights that come with being a member of the Simming Community.

As far as my OTHER awesome friends go (Bina, Early, Aza, JKA, Chouxie, ect.), I've given out my contact information and hope that this will turn from Simming Friends, to Friends who Sim.

<3

1 comment: